The corporate sector is the most important actor in advancing energy efficiency, decarbonisation, clean electricity, heat and mobility
13 August 2020 | 11 am BST
The corporate sector is becoming an increasingly important actor in the energy transition as a large number of private companies are upping investments to accelerate the adoption of clean energy. Simultaneously, calls from consumers for multinationals to support the transition and adopt green energy are becoming ever louder. As governments deal with the fallout from COVID-19 and begin to roll out their economic stimulus packages, will the corporate sector have a more substantial role to play in advancing all aspects of the energy transition?
Watch our industry leading speakers as they discuss and debate:
- Has there been a growth in corporate social responsibility & a corporate social conscience? Or do boards need more education?
- Is there enough incentive for the corporate sector to engage in and invest in the energy transition?
- What is hindering the corporate issuance of green bonds?
- What is the role of institutional investors?
- Will it be easier to coordinate a global movement between corporates than between another other actors?