Senior Transaction Advisor, Power Africa
Having recently joined Tetra Tech where he is currently Senior Transaction Advisor the Power Africa Transaction Advisory and Reform Program (PATRP) team. Erik’s responsibility is to accelerate project development, provide independent advice on transaction issues and assist in building the capacity of key ministries.
Prior to joining Tetra Tech, he was Head: Energy at Harith, where his role included managing the existing energy portfolio as well as new acquisitions in the energy sector.
Recent projects he was involved in include:
- The merger of Harith and the Africa Finance Corporation’s power assets creating the largest IPP in Africa with 1.8GW gross assets in operation and under construction;
- Azura (459 MW) and Amandi (192 MW) gas-to-power projects in Nigeria and Ghana respectively;
- Investment in NOVO Energy, a gas distribution company in Southern Africa; and
- The acquisition of Kelvin Power in South Africa
For over 12 years he has been responsible for organic and inorganic growth investments in Africa for various entities. Central to this has been projects related to energy and infrastructure with a total cumulative project value in excess of US$ 15 billion.
Previously Erik headed business development at Cennergi – an independent power producer joint venture between Exxaro Resources and Tata Power. He has significant experience as an independent business development consultant specialising in growth and energy for companies such as Sasol, Standard Bank, General Electric, Royal Bafokeng Holdings, Harmony Gold, Deloitte and EnBW.
His project experience includes:
- Mid- and downstream gas infrastructure projects;
- Power generation projects for utilities as well as captive power for large scale users (coal, gas, hydro, solar and wind);
- Port and rail projects;
- Power transmission and distribution projects;
- Water management; and