Senior Counsel – Energy, Blake, Cassels & Graydon
Gordon (Gord) Kettyle is the Coordinator of our Mexico practice. He works closely with our strategic alliance partner in Mexico, as well as the legal experts from across our Firm to ensure our clients receive best-in-class service on both sides of our borders. Gord has been actively involved in business in Mexico for more than 13 years and has a working knowledge of Spanish.
Gord is also the former Practice Group Leader and is one of the senior members of our Labour & Employment group. He has been providing advice and a high level of service to employers on a wide variety of issues since 1993.
Gord's experience as a professional firefighter, Fire Captain and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) certified inspector and fire investigator also brings a tremendous value-added unique perspective to compliance audits on behalf of our clients. He is also a former member of the Alberta College of Paramedics and is certified in both one-on-one and group critical-incident stress management.
SELECT EXPERIENCEGord has represented both Alberta and British Columbia employers in grievance arbitrations, labour relations board hearings and the courts on numerous issues including:
- Union organizing and collective bargaining issues
- Workplace investigations
- Application of progressive discipline
- Unfair labour practice hearings
- Consolidation of bargaining units and both legal and illegal work stoppages
Gord also advises corporations on:
- The labour and employment law considerations arising from a variety of corporate transactions
- The application of occupational health and safety legislation, with a proactive emphasis on preventative audits and compliance to prevent workplace injuries and fatalities
Gordon Kettyle spoke on the ‘RISK MANAGEMENT in MEXICO‘ panel at the 2019 Mexico Energy Assembly
At Mexico Assembly, we caught up with Gordon to chat about his experience working with the Oil & Gas Council and the value that Blakes, Cassels & Graydon they get from the partnership.